ERAU INTERNATIONAL FOLK & ART FESTIVAL 2018
About The Festival
One of the oldest and interesting festival in the city of Tenggarong in East Kalimantan will be re-organized. This cultural festival is a legacy Sultanate Kutai Ing Martadipura and has been ongoing since the 13th century. Last year the festival toke place on 20-28 August 2016, located in King City, Tenggarong, Kutai Kertanegara, East Kalimantan. Erau Cultural Festival continues transformed into a harmonious collaboration between the festival tradition is still well preserved a dynamic contemporary atmosphere.
Besides watching art and cultural traditions of the aquatic mammal palace, visitors can also view or participate in sports attractions and a variety of traditional race interesting. Means of exhibition development and trade of various products and services are also supplied with a neat order. For the community and young people are also facilitated with musical performances, community attractions, and various other performances.
Erau Cultural Festival in 2017 as the organization of the previous year will present a variety of art and culture from across the Kutai Kartanegara regency and even involve the arts from around the world. Last year Erau Cultural Festival will include art teams from 10 countries to participate in it.
Host by CIOFF® Indonesia and Tenggarong City Government and supporting by Governor of East Kalimantan and Ministry of Culture and Tourism Indonesia. The main objective of Erau International Folklore and Art Festival is to promote Indonesia, specially East Kalimantan Province and to promote “ Visit Kutai Kartanegara 2018”.
Date and Venue
All international groups must arrive on 20th July and depart on 30th July 2018. The venues for performance are in culture places, market, parks, streets etc, located in Kutai and Tenggarong City.
The stages are on the open stages, indoor auditoriums, park and cultural places.
Arrival and Departure
All international groups must arrives and departs at International Airport Sepinggan, Balikpapan,East Kalimantan – Indonesia
Note: there is no direct flight from your country to Balikpapan. You have to connect your flight from Kuala Lumpur International Airport - Malaysia , Singapore International Airport - Singapore or from Soekarno-Hatta Airport - Jakarta only.
All groups are to make their own travel arrangement and bear the cost of air tickets, visa application, travel insurance including accidents & hospitalization, excess baggage and cargo expenses.
Internal Transport and Sightseeing
- Provided by Organizer from and to Sepinggan International Airport, East Kalimantan for arrival and departure. During the festival, transport is provided daily.
- Sightseeing includes trips to many cultural places and you can swim at the hotel.
Food and Accommodation
- Three meals per day are provided during the duration of the festival at the hotel, where the group is staying, mineral water is provided every day by the festival and please note no alcohol drink in this festival.
- Accommodation is in the forms of Hotel . rooms are usually for double, triple and quadruple sharing ( NO COUPLE room ).
- Food, drink, laundry, telephone, room amenities and other services taken and requested from the room must be paid by the group leader.
About The Group
- All groups must not exceed 25 members including officials, musicians and performers. The ratio of Officials / Performers is 10 / 90 percent. Age of the performer must over 16 years old. Those groups with more the 25 persons must notify the Organizer and where necessary be prepared to pay for their own expenses.
- Official Invitation will initially issued by CIOFF® Indonesia.
- These letters together with the group’s detailed name list must be brought along during the group’s travel and stay in Indonesia and to be presented to the relevant authorities when necessary.
- Number of invited groups : 10 foreign countries and 20 local groups.
- Out and indoor performances.
- Cultural exchange.
- Visit cultural places (included swimming at the Hotel).
- Gathering ( Countries night, 30 minutes for each country )
- Reception with Mayor of Kutai and Tenggarong.
- Gift exchange.
- Press Conference and TV programs.
- Dance Street.
- Plan tree.
- Invited group must be able to prepare a 6, 10, 15, 30, 45 and 60 minutes show which include folk dances, folk songs, instrumental traditional music and teaching the audiences to dance one or two of the most popular dances of the group / national identity.
- Performances at shopping malls are both indoor and outdoor. Some venues have dance stage and some on the floor / road pavement. The same situation is applicable at the hotel venue. Basic on stage, off stage and lighting facilities are provided by the Organizers, shopping malls and hotel management
- Dance Street performance is daily between 16.00 to 18.00 hours and other performance from 19.30 to 22.00 hours. Each group is encouraged to carry out their own sound check before their performance.
- Usually there may be no programs in the morning except for visits arranged by the Festival.
- The final program will be issued a few weeks before the invited groups arrives Indonesia.
Grand Opening Ceremony
International groups will take part. The program includes 2 km parade and 5 minutes dance performance at the main stage and also spot dance at location along the parade route.
There will be a main stage where all the musical instrument and musicians will be placed. The Minister of Culture and Tourism and Governor of Aceh Province shall officiate the opening ceremony.
The closing ceremony will take at Kutai Park Area, and each international groups will be perform for 5 minutes. Program for exchange of gift is included. One gift is for the State Government and 6 gift for other authorize.
Sales of Craft / Souvenir Items
Group wanting to sell craft / souvenir items, can do so at the performance sites only,
Organizer will provide big area (at Cultural Park Area/ night market) and table to selling.
Groups will be paid of $5 a daily per person as pocket money.
Should any member of the group fall ill or injure during the performance, they will be referred to the nearest clinic or hospital for treatment. The Organizer will cover the cost for such treatment and medicine. The Organizer will not cover the cost of surgery and hospitalization arising from such illness and injury.
It is important that each invited group has their own accident and hospitalization insurance coverage purchased before they come to Indonesia.
Publicity Material and Activities
Each group must provide their group’s profile, group photos, dance photos, list of past tours and achievement and CDs. The audio and video CD/ link YouTube of folk songs and dances are for the local radio and TV station to publicize the group and the festival.
During the group performance, TV and Media coverage are common at this festival and no payment will be made to the group for such publicity program.
Each group is responsible to abide and accept with the facilities and program prepared by the Organizer. These facilities and programs are subjected to changes from time to time. These changes are not peculiar only to festivals in Indonesia but also at other festivals overseas.