“ Polewali Mandar International Folk & ArtFestival ’'
1st August – 6th August 2020
Polewali – West Sulawesi - INDONESIA
About The Festival
Polewali Mandar is one of the five regencies in West Sulawesi province of Indonesia. It is bordered with the regencies of Mamasa in the North, Majene in the West and Pinrang regency of South Sulawesi in the East. It has a population of 396,253 at the 2010 Census. The regency is inhabited by several ethnic groups such as Mandar, Buginese, Javanese and Toraja.
Mandar is an indigenous ethnic group forming the majority of the population. There are several National public figures originated from this region.
The capital town is Polewali, located near the sea-side area, in the bank of Mandar Gulf and about 200 km from the capital city of West Sulawesi, Mamuju or 250 km from Makassar, the capital city of South Sulawesi.
Besides watching art and cultural traditions,visitors can also view or participate in sports attractions and a variety of traditional race interesting.
Host by CIOFF® Indonesia and PolewaliMandar City Government and supporting by Governor of West Sulawesi and Ministry of Culture and Tourism Indonesia. The main objective of Polewali Mandar International Folkand Art Festival is to promote Indonesia, West Sulawesi Province and to promote “ Visit Polewali Mandar 2020 ”.
Date and Venue
All international groups must arrive on 31st Julyand depart on 7th August 2020. The venues for performance are in culture places, parks, streets, etc, located in Polewali City.
The stages are on the open stages, indoor auditoriums, park and cultural places.
Arrival and Departure
All international groups must arrives anddeparts at Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport , Makassar ,South Sulawesi – Indonesia
Note: there is no direct flight from your country to Makassar. You have to connect your flight from Kuala Lumpur International Airport - Malaysia , Singapore International Airport - Singapore or from Soekarno-Hatta Airport - Jakarta only.
All groups are to make their own travel arrangement and bear the cost of air tickets,visa application, travel insurance including accidents & hospitalization, excess baggage and cargo expenses.
Internal Transport and Sightseeing
1. Provided by Organizer from and to Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport, Makassar.for arrival and departure. During the festival, transport is provided daily.
2. Sightseeing includes trips to many cultural places and you can swim at the hotel.
Food and Accommodation
1. Three meals per day are provided during the duration of the festival at the hotel, where the group is staying, mineral water is provided every day by the festival and please note no alcohol drink in this festival.
2. Accommodation is in the forms of Hotel . rooms are usually for double, triple and quadruple sharing ( NO COUPLE room ).
3. Food, drink, laundry, telephone, room amenities and other services taken and requested from the room must be paid by the group leader.
About The Group
1. All groups must not exceed 25 members including officials, musicians and performers. The ratio of Officials / Performers is 10 / 90 percent. Age of the performer must over 16 years old. Those groups with more the 25 persons must notify the Organizer and where necessary be prepared to pay for their own expenses.
2. Official Invitation will initially issued by CIOFF® Indonesia.
3. These letters together with the group’s detailed name list must be brought along during the group’s travel and stay in Indonesia and to be presented to the relevant authorities when necessary.
4. Number of invited groups : minimum 7foreign countries and 10 local groups.
1. Outdoor and indoor performances.
2. Cultural exchange.
Festival will give time for group to teach their dances to other group or to public.
There will be exhibition near stage area. Group is welcome to sell their product, but there is must be one person incharge during exhibition (non performer). Please notify us on your application.
4. Visit cultural places.
We will arrange sightseeing to cultural places, beach, etc in Polewali)
5. Gathering ( Countries night, 30 minutes for each country )
Each country will show their traditional dances/music/games to other international groups. This program is in hotel ballroom after all performances has finished.
6. Reception with Regent of Polewali, Director of Festival (Head of Tourism Office Polewali Mandar and CIOFF Indonesia)
7. Gift exchange.
Please bring 4 gifts for the authorities.
Parade will be 2km and in the finish line your group will perform 3-5 minutes in front of the vip.
9. Press Conference and TV programs.
10. Dance in the park.
In the afternoon there will be dance performance in the park, where you can perform and take the audience to dance together with you.
11. Plant tree.
Green Polewali Mandar program, where each country will plant some trees with their name on it. This trees will be memorabilia from your participation in our festival.
1. Invited group must be able to prepare a 6, 10, 15, 30, 45 and 60 minutes show which include folk dances, folk songs, instrumental traditional music and teaching the audiences to dance one or two of the most popular dances of the group / national identity.
2. Performances at shopping malls are both indoor and outdoor. Some venues have dance stage and some on the floor / road pavement. The same situation is applicable at the hotel venue. Basic on stage, off stage and lighting facilities are provided by the Organizers, shopping malls and hotel management
3. Dance Street performance is daily between 16.00 to 18.00 hours and other performance from 19.30 to 22.00 hours. Each group is encouraged to carry out their own sound check before their performance.
4. Usually there may be no programs in the morning except for visits arranged by the Festival.
5. The final program will be issued a few weeks before the invited groups arrives Indonesia.
Grand Opening Ceremony
International groups will take part. The program includes 2 km parade and 5 minutes dance performance at the main stage and also spot dance at location along the parade route.
There will be a main stage where all the musical instrument and musicians will be placed. The Minister of Culture and Tourismand Governor of West Sulawesi Province shall officiate the opening ceremony.
The closing ceremony will take at Beach ParkArea, and each international groups will be perform for 5 minutes. Program for exchange of gift is included. One gift is for the State Government and 6 gift for other authorize.
Sales of Craft / Souvenir Items
Group wanting to sell craft / souvenir items, can do so at the performance sites only,
Organizer will provide big area (at Cultural Park market) and table to selling.
Should any member of the group fall ill or injure during the performance, they will be referred to the nearest clinic or hospital for treatment. The Organizer will not cover the cost of surgery and hospitalization arising from such illness and injury.
It is important that each invited group has their own accident and hospitalization insurance coverage purchased before they come to Indonesia.
Publicity Material and Activities
Each group must provide their group’s profile, group photos, dance photos, list of past tours and achievement and CDs. The audio and video CD/ link YouTube of folk songs and dances are for the local radio and TV station to publicize the group and the festival.
During the group performance, TV and Media coverage are common at this festival and no payment will be made to the group for such publicity program.
Each group is responsible to abide and accept with the facilities and program prepared by the Organizer. These facilities and programs are subjected to changes from time to time. These changes are not peculiar only to festivals in Indonesia but also at other festivals overseas.
Jl. Tomang Utara III / 270
Jakarta 11440 – INDONESIA
Phone : 62-21-5657882
Mobile : 62-8159325644
Fax : 62-21-5657882
Email : email@example.com
Web : www.cioff-indonesia.org